LifePoint: COVID-19 UPDATE
June 30, 2020
Dear LifePoint Family,
We are living in a very unique but important moment. We have the opportunity to trust God like never before as we go through this together.
The situation around COVID-19 is constantly unfolding in the Jacksonville area, and the LifePoint elders and leadership have been meeting and considering all the information that is coming out.
We would all like to resume gathering to worship in our building. Our plan was to reopen on July 4 but due to the number of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in the last week we have decided to postpone our reopening. We believe it is safest for our church, our neighbors, our city and our region that we not regather for worship as a congregation until further notice.
We recognize that this is frustrating and believe that all of you know how difficult a decision it is for our leadership. We all want to worship together in the same place. However, because we love our family of faith, we must seek to minimize the risk to you and our neighbors. We ask you to please pray for our leadership and congregation as we continue to worship online and find new ways to connect with each other. Our leadership will continue to evaluate the situation week by week and we will communicate with you as decisions are made. We are open to ideas and suggestions of how we can come together in a safe way.
I miss and love you all,
Ruben Ramos, Pastor LifePoint Christian Fellowship
LifePoint: COVID-19 UPDATE
This week, the governor of Florida declared a state of emergency as a result of COVID-19. His instructions include no large group gatherings in this state. Today, in compliance, we have followed our conference requests to cancel our worship gatherings until further notice:
1. Effective immediately, our worship experience is moving to online-only—which means we will offer our 11:30AM livestream service. This service will be streamed at LifePoint YouTube Channel, www.LifePointcfc.org, LifePoint FaceBook page, and LifePoint app (search LifePoint Jax in your App Store).
2. During this time, we are encouraging all to maintain a sense of community through phone calls, messages, online group Bible study and prayer, and other ways of communication. Gather with friends, keep social distance, but engage in smaller groups than we normally do. We (church) are not the service or a building, we are the community of Christ coming together, and where one or two are gathered, the Holy Spirit is present.
3. Regarding your tithes and offerings, please take advantage of Adventist Giving. If you prefer, you may mail your contribution to 4298 Livingston Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32257.
4. We encourage you to continue following the recommendations from the CDC such as washing your hands for 20 seconds, staying home if you feel sick, covering coughs and sneezes, and cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces.
5. If you are feeling anxiety and insecurity through this time, please feel free to call the church (904) 328-7912. We are trying to limit face-to-face contact in accordance to the recommendation.
6. If you have any ideas of how we could serve the community and/or our church during this time please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (904) 328-7912.
Lastly, remember, God is still present, we can still be the church wherever we are, and while we should be prudent, God has not given us a spirit of fear. Let’s pray, help as we can, and protect the most vulnerable in our community.
- Pastor Ruben